1. What was the most recent tea you drank?
Mate Vana which mimics the taste of smooth coffee, courtesy of Teavana
2. What vegan forms do you post/lurk on? If so, what is your username? Spill!
Lurk? Basically everyone’s haha. Sometimes I feel a little weird just commenting by the paragraphs out of nowhere
3. You have to have tofu for dinner, and it has be an Italian dish. What comes to mind first?
Tofu lasagna! Or an “Italian Stir Fry” topped with a glob of marinara sauce
4. How many vegan blogs do you read on an average day?
Oh goodness, I just look on blogrolls to see who posted the most recently!
5. Besides your own, what is the most recent one you’ve read?
Ally’s Sweet Soy Vegan blog 🙂
6. If you could hang out with a vegan blogger that you haven’t met, who would it be, and what would you do?
That’s a major toughie since I’m getting to know alot of them! But Erica, from Sweet Eats, is so eloquent in her food descriptions and always seems to be out and about and I’m definitely the restless type.
7. If you had to base your dinners for a week around one of the holy trilogy – tofu, seitan or tempeh, which would it be?
Tempeh! Even though it doesn’t keep…at all :/, wait errg make that tofu. It’s way more versatile, varying in texture and composition.
8. If you had to use one in a fight, which would it be?
Tempeh, I could scare people with the mold growing on it heh heh
9. Name 3 meals you’d realistically make with that tough protein of choice!
Tempeh tacos, Veganomicon’s Hot Sauce Glazed Tempeh, and Tempeh Bacon
10. What’s a recipe in vegan blogland that you’ve been eyeing?
Ooh darn I forgot who had this recipe but chocolate peanut butter swirled brownies!
11. Do you own any clothing with vegan messages/brands on them?
Does Larabar count?
12. Have you made your pilgrimage to the ‘vegan mecca’ yet? (Portland, duh)
No! Grr, they have equally gorgeous weather and scenery which I must hike and take pictures in!
13. What age did you first go vegan? Did it stick?
At the cusp of age 13 to 14 the only animal by-product I decided to consume was yogurt, and of course it did.
14. What is the worst vegan meal you’ve had? Who cooked it?
Gnocchi, I hate gnocchi. I attempted to make peace with it, alas there was no avail. Or maybe this one diner’s green salad that was just pathetic; dry, wilty, drops of bottled Italian dressing. Ugh
15. What made you decide to blog?
Well I started off just commenting all these different vegan blogs with compliments, inquiries, etc. And I decided after a year, that that was a little weird and I actually have some great recipes and insight to offer! Plus, who can turn down an opportunity to meet new people? (There’s a terribly low supply of food friendly people in my town as is)
16. What are three of your favorite meals to make?
Baked and broiled miso tofu, raw spaghetti, any of my crazy fusion sandwiches
17. What dish would you bring to a vegan Thanksgiving-themed potluck?
18. Where is your favorite vegan meal at a restaurant? How many times have you ordered it?
Seeing as how there’s one vegan friendly restaurant in my domain, being the Natural Cafe, I don’t eat out often and am still exploring their menu *sigh
19. What do you think the best chain to dine as a vegan is?
20. My kitchen needs a………
dehydrator and a mandolin
21. This vegetable is not allowed in my kitchen…..!
artichokes, I have scarred my taste buds forever from gorging on too many jarred artichokes as a child. I literally ate them til I hated them. Terrible!
22. What’s for dinner tonight?
Tempeh Taco Salad om nom nom
23. What’s your favourite cookie cutter?
I have such lame ones gaaaaah, but if I had to choose, I’d pick the pain in the ass reindeer that decimates any cookie you’re trying to cut!